Liftoff 2018 will be held over 14 May (Day 1) and 15 May (Day 2), whole day.
All Orbital students need to be present at Liftoff unless their absence has been specifically permitted in writing in email by a facilitator of the course. Prospective students, please ensure that you have extended your living arrangements and made appropriate travel arrangements if you are planning to leave Singapore shortly after exams. If leaving for an international flight after the second date, please ensure you have appropriate travel time. (+1 hr to return to your living accommodations to get your baggage, +1 hr to get to the airport; 2 hrs for check-in; so probably around 10pm or later on Day 2 is safe).
The tentative schedule for Liftoff 2018 is as follows:
|Session Start||I3 Auditorium||The Hangar||STMI Executive Training Room||Notes|
|09:00||Introduction||-||[Slides / Video]|
|09:30||From Ideas to User Stories to Products + Software Engineering Principles||-||[Ideas: Slides, Principles: Slides]|
|13:00||NOC Intro / Past Project Review / Mentorship Briefing + Choosing Your Project Type||Find-A-Copilot||[Review: Slides, Mentorship: Slides, Type: Slides]|
|15:00||Overview of Mobile App Development||Overview of Web App Development||-||[Mobile: Slides, Web: Slides ]|
|16:00||Basic Android Development||HTML/CSS||-||[Android: Slides, HTML/CSS: Materials]|
|18:30||Mentor Matching for Prospective Project Gemini and Apollo 11 teams||-||-|
|Session Start||I3 Auditorium||The Hangar||LT19||Notes|
|09:30||Intermediate Android Development||MeteorJS||-||[Android: Slides, MeteorJS: Slides]|
|12:30||Lunch break (Meet-Your-Advisor)|
|14:30||<Ignition presentations slides due by all teams>|
|14:30||Database Basics + Git Basics||-||[Database: Slides, Git: Slides]|
|16:30||Ignition||[Slides, Audit: Videos, Hangar*: Videos, LT19: Videos]|
(*Late submissions of Ignition videos are also included in this list.)
Some of the workshops have hands on elements which require you to set up your laptop (e.g., install some software, apply for accounts, etc.) beforehand. Please follow the instructions below and set up accordingly.
- Basic / Intermediate Android Development
- Install Java SDK (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html)
- Install Android Studio (https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html) by following the steps in this document: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PzVQG-mFSuUrsV6G9RTEnuWE8mkJ73luw8aVhtYyL74
- Install MeteorJS
- Install NodeJS (https://nodejs.org/en/download/)
- Windows: Add NPM path to window env variables for command line to execute NPM by following the steps in this document: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27864040/fixing-npm-path-in-windows-8
- If you have NodeJS installed before installing MeteorJS, you need to uninstall NodeJS first, then install MeteorJS and NodeJS in sequence.
- Git Basics