Liftoff 2017 will be held over 8 May (Day 1) and 9 May (Day 2), whole day from 9 to 6pm.
All Orbital students need to be present at Liftoff unless their absence has been specifically permitted in writing in email by a facilitator of the course. Prospective students, please ensure that you have extended your living arrangements and made appropriate travel arrangements if you are planning to leave Singapore shortly after exams. If leaving for an international flight after the second date, please ensure you have appropriate travel time. (+1 hr to return to your living accommodations to get your baggage, +1 hr to get to the airport; 2 hrs for check-in; so probably around 10pm or later on the 9th is safe).
The tentative schedule for Liftoff 2017 is as follows:
|Session Start||I3 Auditorium||The Hangar||Notes|
|09:30||Project Formulation, Design and Planning||[Slides]|
|13:00||Level of Achievements / Past Project Review / Mentorship / NUSMod Project Talk||Find-a-Copilot||[LoA / Review: Slides, Mentorship: Slides, NUSMod: Slides]|
|14:00||Choosing Your Project Type||[Slides]|
|15:00||Overview of Mobile App Development||Overview of Web App Development||[ Mobile: Slides, Web: Slides ]|
|16:00||Basic Android Development||HTML/CSS||[Android: Slides, HTML/CSS: Slides]|
|18:30||Mentor Matching for prospective Project Gemini and Apollo 11 teams|
|Session Start||I3 Auditorium||The Hangar||STMI Executive Training Room||Notes|
|09:00||Milestones / Presentation Skills||[Milestones: Slides, Presentation Skills: Slides]|
|10:00||Intermediate Android Development||Express||Python / Google App Engine||[Android: Slides, Express: Slides, Python: Slides, Google App Engine: Slides]|
|13:00||Lunch break (Meet your advisor)|
|14:30||<Ignition presentations slides due by all teams>|
|14:30||An introduction to Serverless codes on Windows Azure||Adapting to Technological Development in the Bank||[Azure: Slides]|
|16:30||Ignition||Ignition||Ignition||[Auditorium: Slides, Hangar: Slides, STMI: Slides]|
Some of the workshops have hands on elements which require you to set up your laptop (e.g., install some software, apply for accounts, etc.) beforehand. Please follow the instructions below and set up accordingly.
- Basic Android Development
- Java SDK (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html)
- Android Studio (https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html)
- Android API/SDK (KitKat 4.4)
- In Android Studio, click Tools on the Top Menu Bar > Android > SDK Manager. Select Android 4.4 (KitKat). Click on Apply. SDK Manager will proceed to download the SDK.
- Intermediate Android Development
- Follow the steps in this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jijh6DnLHD4D4IxFrfUCZlXicCZMsW1qcqp6s7X4B2c/edit?usp=sharing
- Python / Google App Engine
- Follow the steps on this page: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/download
- How to Write Serverless Code
- Sign up for an Azure account (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/)
- Git Basics