Posted on May 2, 2013 by orbital
The schedule for the two-day Liftoff workshop is given below. This schedule is still tentative and subject to change. The workshop is compulsory for those doing the program unless you have prior permission to be excused. We will try to put as much of the material online as possible for your reference.
The aims of the workshop are
– To introduce you to the platform, tools and methods that you can use for the program. This is mostly familiarization and is enough only to get you started. You should expect to self-learn more as you do your project.
– To allow you to find a partner if you have not already done so. You may use http://orbitalpartner.appspot.com/ to help you find a partner.
– To allow you to find a mentor if you wish to be mentored.
Please bring your own laptop (or at least have a shared laptop with your partner). Let us know if you are unable to do that.
Day 1 (13 May)
- 9:00-9:15 Opening
- 9:15-10:45 Design Thinking (LeeWS)
- 10:45-12:30 Python (Google)
- 12:30-13:00 Lunch / Partner finding (on your own)
- 15:00-16:30 Google App Engine (LeeWS)
- 16:30-18:00 Templates (KanMY)
Day 2 (14 May)
- 9:00-10:00 Git and collaboration tools (TBD)
- 10:00-11:00 Talks by Silicon Straits and GoldenGate (TBD)
- 11:00-11.30 ECommerce (PayPal)
- 11:30-12:00 How to present your ideas (Google)
- 12-13 Lunch (On your own. You should complete your partner finding after this.)
- 13-16:30 Launch Window (Hackathon). Ideally you work on the idea that you’d like to do in the program, but you are not required to continue on the same idea.
- 16:30-17:00 Briefing on Orbital schedule and peer grading (LeeWS/KanMY)
- 17:00-18:30 Ignition (1 minute madness). Present what you did in Launch Window, elevator pitch style.
- 18.30-19:00 Speed mentor matching (Only for those looking to be mentored)