Posted on August 29, 2019 by orbital
Congratulations to all of the 241 teams for completing the programme! You’re the big winners in forming your own projects and navigating through all the summer hazards to finish your projects. No doubt that you had wanted to call it quits at some point and wanted to have someone to help guide you a bit more closely. But you persevered, insisted that you would stay the course, and won the battle against yourself. You realised the only barrier to your progress was yourself and the fuel was your self-ignited passion. You return from your summer journey changed, more confident of your own abilities and clear about how you can find your path forward in any technical scenario.
Splashdown featured a number of ways that you can take your work in Orbital forward, which both SoC (through our Entrepreneurship office and Centre for Future-ready Graduates), and the University (NUS Enterprise, especially NUS Overseas Colleges) have paved for you. In addition, you might also want to follow up with Circles.Life, DSO and Google, all of which have shared about the various opportunities they offer. Do weigh these opportunities and assess whether they are appropriate for you.
And now for the formal awards:
- For Vostok: Congratulations to
- Ho Jun Cong Keith and Dzulhilmi Bin Dzulkifli of Binary (Honorable Mention);
- For Project Gemini: Congratulations to
- For Apollo 11: Congratulations to
- Chester Sim and Andy Lam Kwok Wee of Clique (Judge’s Choice);
- Weng Kexin and Raghav Bhardwaj of Nostromo (Judge’s Choice);
- Kee Kah Lok and Yeo Chong Ern, Marcus of Thousand One (Best Project);
- Jay Lew Jie Sheng and Tan Dexuan Max of JayMax (Honorable Mention);
- Choo Qi Le Aaron and Li Zi Ying of PixiesPixel (Honorable Mention);
- Fabian Chia Hup Peng and Ong Eden of Tamagotgym (Honorable Mention);
- and for Best Advisers: Joyce Yeo Shuhui, Kerryn Eer
Although you are the stars of Orbital (yes, you are!), there’s a whole host of SoC 50+ advisers, 20+ industrial and alumni mentors, staff, building facilities, A/V, alumni, senior students and student groups and the tireless admin staff from the Undergraduate Office and Corporate Relations that make this happen. This programme does not happen anywhere else in the whole currently, so be proud that you are here in NUS SoC. Go SoC!
Last but not least, we would like to take this opportunity to thank our 50+ advisers, 25+ industrial and alumni mentors, staff, alumni, senior students and student groups and the tireless admin staff from the Undergraduate Office, Technical Services and Corporate Relations that make this happen. This programme does not happen anywhere else in the whole currently, so be proud that you are here in NUS SoC. Go SoC!