Congratulations to all of the 405 teams for completing the programme! You’re the big winners in forming your own projects and navigating through the difficult times to finish your projects. No doubt that you had wanted to call it quits at some point and wanted to have someone to help guide you a bit more closely. But you persevered, insisted that you would stay the course, and won the battle against yourself. You realised the only barrier to your progress was yourself and the fuel was your self-ignited passion. You return from your summer journey changed, more confident of your own abilities and clear about how you can find your path forward in any technical scenario.
Splashdown featured a number of ways that you can take your work in Orbital forward, which both SoC (e.g., our Entrepreneurship office and Centre for Future-ready Graduates), and the University (e.g., NUS Enterprise, especially NUS Overseas Colleges) have paved for you. In addition, you might also want to follow up with PayPal, which has shared about the internship opportunities they offer. Do weigh these opportunities and assess whether they are appropriate for you.
Congratulations also goes to the following individuals and teams for winning the awards at Splashdown!
– Christopher Goh Zhen Fung
– Suther David Samuel
– (Top Project) NUSGrabYourOwnFood: Zechary Au Jun Wen + Loh Jia Ming, Rayner
– (Runner Up) NUS Meet: Tan Jun Rong, Benjamin + Rohit Rajesh Bhat
– (Commendation) StudyGoWhere: Fong Mun Kit, Wilbur + Hoon Darren
– OrbiTinder: Roopa Niedu + Dominic Lim Kai Jun
– EduSearch: Lin Xingchen + Wang Ruofan
– Not a Simulation: Chong Kok Leong + Bryan Wee Shun Yi
– Frank’s Adventure: Sie Jie Xiang + Heng Guo Jun
– Xiaoming eats yanyan: Cheah Yan (Xie Yan) + Cheong Yee Ming
– NUSGrabYourOwnFood: Zechary Au Jun Wen + Loh Jia Ming, Rayner
Please feel free to check out their project posters / videos in the Splashdown video @ https://bit.ly/orbital21-sd-video and in the Gallery https://bit.ly/orbital-gallery.
Last but not least, we would like to take this opportunity to thank our 50+ advisers, 25+ industrial and alumni mentors, staff, alumni, senior students and student groups and the tireless admin staff from the Undergraduate Office, Technical Services and Corporate Relations that make this happen. This programme does not happen anywhere else in the whole currently, so be proud that you are here in NUS SoC. Go SoC!